Friday, July 31, 2009

What our users are telling us!

Message: We are in Vernon, BC now. Your site recommended KTs restaurant in downtown Vernon. Wow! My son had his first apple pie in two years and the pizza was great! There was a lot of choice and the staff was very helpful!

Message: Just got back from a trip to Victoria and The Celiac Scene was a Godsend!! When I went to Victoria I went on the Chapter's website and used the link to get to www.theceliacscene.com. Ate at several of the places listed on your website which were easy to find with the maps – very handy!

Message: I ate at The Joint Pizza place (twice!!) and The Noodle Box once - although should have eaten there more it was fantastic! Also bought GF baking from Origin GF Bakery set up in Bastion Square on Saturday. Fabulous! Keep up the good work!

Message: It was great to hear you talking about The Celiac Scene on the radio this morning. I think your idea is fabulous. Eating out was a great pleasure in life before being diagnosed. Road trips were fun for checking out restaurants along the way. Alas, my first road trip after diagnosis found me eventually going to a clinic for help in stopping the vomiting and diarrhea. In retrospect, I perhaps had caught a bug, but at the time it just scared me about eating "away". Since then I have experienced being told there wasn't anything for me which pushed my rejected and survival buttons both and basically I had dreaded having to travel to care for or visit family. Thanks for your doggedness in getting celiac disease in the news and giving hope to those of us who love to eat out and survive it!

And best of all

Message: LOVE your site! My 15 year old son was diagnosed 1 year ago and we are traveling for the first time on a family holiday since his diagnosis. To say I am nervous is an understatement. Then I found your site. THANK YOU!!! We are coming to Victoria and he can't wait to try out all the great tasty places! We are from a small town near Edmonton and our choices are slim pickins! I'll shout loud and long to our celiac friends about your fabulous web site! Great job. BC here we come!




No comments:

Post a Comment