Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Celiac Scene™ Has Arrived!

Hello World!

Taking my first baby steps in the blog world so bear with me. I have been following blogs and making my comments here and there but I have so much more to say!

I have celiac disease (5 years) now and follow the gluten-free diet. Not too big of a deal in my mind. I have made the adjustment. My family gets it. I volunteer with the Victoria Chapter of the Canadian Celiac Association. Everything should cool, right? Nope. I was an imposter.

I never ate out. Somehow, anticipating that moment when my waiter was ready to take my order, looking him in the eye to say, "I have a couple of questions" undid any desire I had to get out there and live like everyone else seemed to. Even amongst celiacs, I had a reputation for being on the paranoid side of the menu!

So what does one do when faced with a challenge like this. Overcompensate, of course!

I created The Celiac Scene™, a data base of celiac-friendly restaurants in Canada but put together in the form of maps to cities across the country. Wherever you are in Canada, other celiacs have gone before you.

Best of all, the maps are offered FREE to anyone who needs them! Just download the map to the city you are interested in and you will have all the GF restaurants for that area plotted out for you.

Now there is no reason not to get out there an enjoy life like everyone else! Check it out and let me know what you think!




No comments:

Post a Comment